Friday, July 31, 2009

How to fill out bereavement thank you notes?

I am writing thank you notes to people who sent food, flowers, etc. when my father-in-law passed away. We have pre-printed cards from the funeral home that say on the front "Thank you for sharing our sorrow..., etc.,The family of_____________." The cards open and are blank inside, so I'm assuming I am to write a personal message inside each one. Is this correct? I've seen cards that say nothing more than ours say on the front. Thanks for your help.

How to fill out bereavement thank you notes?
Ive seen it done both ways. but a little note is nice if you are up to it especially for flower or donation given. EXP: We, or I appreciate the live lilly plant . or Your donation to Moms charity is appreciated.
Reply:If you know what they sent or did simple say "Thanks for the (whatever it was), it meant so much to us while dealing with the passing of Fred. Your thoughts meant a lot to us! If you don't know what they sent just do the same thing but go generic on the first line! On a personal note; please pass on my condolences' to your Husband and in-laws!



affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment