Monday, August 3, 2009

What do you think of my poem "House of the Dead: My Home Too"?

I looked around


The sky was interesting


The moon was in the white sky and the sun was going down





I looked around


There were comforters and comfortees


I was suppose to be a comforter





I looked around like a tourist


as if the funeral-to-be was a spectacle


I was in my role of observer


and I saw my co-worker’s white face


without makeup was still quite pretty


Did her grief add to or subtract from her beauty?





I saw the mounds of dirt


some with flowers and some without


I tried not to think what it meant


what those mounds of dirt meant





The wife of the dead man fainted


I had been told that she didn’t love her husband


Then I remembered my friend telling me


the dead man took too long to die


the family prayed for his death

What do you think of my poem "House of the Dead: My Home Too"?
Well the poem itself was okay, I hope your state of mind is not in there somewhere, watch the sun come up some morning and see if that inspires you.
Reply:I think its ok just the time of day seems too off the time funerals are generally taking place. Or maybe the sun setting and the moon rising is more of an abstract thing either way im not that into poems.



acting resources

No comments:

Post a Comment